744 Noah Drive Suite 113-275 Jasper, GA 30143

  • Available 24 hours a day , 7 days a week.  Call us now!.
  • Understanding the Critical Nature of Black Mold Symptoms, and How To Identify Them

    Do you have allergies and suspect it could be black mold symptoms? Here’s how to tell.

    Black Mold SymptomsHave you ever wondered if what you thought was a never-ending cold might actually be black mold symptoms? Black mold is toxic enough to cause symptoms from mild to life-threatening.

    Mold is an issue that has gotten more attention in recent years mainly because it has been causing more health related issues than ever before. With our houses and offices shut tight to protect our climate controlled environment, molds and bacterias can thrive. When that happens, symptoms can start to show up. How can you tell? Here is some critical information on the nature of black mold and some telltale signs of black mold symptoms.

    What is Black Mold?

    Mold is made up of microscopic spores that can be found everywhere. There are thousands of different species of mold, all over the world. In nature, mold is used to help break down organic material, it’s a process that helps nature rejuvenate itself. In our houses, however, it has no natural purpose. Many varieties of mold are harmless to us and we can live in harmony, sort of, without a worry. Toxic black mold is another story.

    The toxic variety of black mold produces mycotoxins that are dangerous when ingested or inhaled. If the spores of this type of mold are disturbed, they become airborne, contaminating the air in your home.

    Identifying the Mild Mold Symptoms

    Sensitivity to mold can often present symptoms similar to a common cold. Runny nose, sore throat, cough, and congestion are all common. The difference is that mold symptoms will stick around. A common cold generally runs its course in about 8-14 days, with a smaller percentage of people suffering for up to 3 weeks. Reactions to mold do not go away.

    Identifying Severe Symptoms

    Severe symptoms can affect anyone who’s had exposure to toxic black mold, but it can be especially serious in infants and young children, elderly individuals, and anyone with a compromised immune system. Here are some of the more severe and dangerous things to look for:

    Toxic mold is quite serious. The symptoms are real and the effects long-lasting, and sometimes devastating. Be aware of how you feel. Take action if you think you might have any of the symptoms listed above, don’t wait to see if it gets worse.

    Now What?

    If you think there’s a possibility of mold growing in your home, especially black mold, the first thing you need to do is get your air quality tested. A mold inspection and mold testing can confirm the presence of mold in your home, and can identify the types of spores present.

    Once your home has been tested a professional restoration company will come in and remove, clean, and mitigate the mold damage. They will seal off any rooms affected to prevent the spread of the mold spores, they will wear protective gear to protect themselves and to prevent spores from moving to another space on their clothing, and they will use specialized tools and products to clean the mold and prevent future growth.

    A restoration company can also help you repair whatever issue is causing you to have extra moisture in your home, which creates the perfect environment for mold.

    Understanding the critical nature of toxic mold and knowing what the symptoms could look like so you’re able to identify them is crucial to catching and preventing mold-related illness. Do not wait if you think you have mold in your home.

    Contact Can-Restore for help with mold damage if you have any black mold symptoms by calling (770) 212-9775.