744 Noah Drive Suite 113-275 Jasper, GA 30143

  • Available 24 hours a day , 7 days a week.  Call us now!.
  • 4 Reasons You Do Not Want to Mess With Toxic Mold in Your House

    Should you deal with toxic mold in your house on your own?

    Toxic Mold in Your HouseToxic mold is just what it sounds like. Toxic. If you come across it in your home or office, stay away. Stay far, far away. Although it may seem like a benign problem, it is anything but. Here are 4 reasons not to mess with it.

    Reason #1: The Health Risks Are No Joke

    Studies have shown that toxic mold can be more dangerous to your health than pesticides. Some of the symptoms from exposure include runny nose, itchy watery eyes, sinus congestion, rashes and skin irritation, coughing and wheezing, headaches, fatigue, and respiratory symptoms as severe as asthma. Longterm exposure can even lead to cognitive and behavioral changes.

    Reason #2: It’s About the Mycotoxins

    Mold is made up of mycotoxins that live on the surface of the mold and in the spores and are inhaled when the spores become airborne. Mycotoxins can be more dangerous to your body than heavy metals and can have a greater affect on your body, especially if your immune system is compromised in any way.

    Reason #3: You Might Not Realize It’s Related to Mold

    Many people will have symptoms relating to mold exposure and not realize the source. Because the symptoms are similar to other ailments, such as the common cold, it’s easy to confuse mold allergies with a virus. Pay attention to symptoms and to how long they’re present and if they continue to worsen. A cold will clear up after a few weeks, but mold allergies or a reaction to mold will not go away until the mold does.

    Reason #4: Professionals Know the Drill 

    A professional restoration company knows how to remove toxic mold from your home without spreading it to other areas causing additional contamination. They also use the right tools and protective devices to keep themselves, and your family, safe. Don’t mess with mold yourself, you could potentially put yourself in danger, and make the situation worse.

    If you have symptoms of mold exposure or you know that you have mold in your home, don’t wait any longer to contact Can-Restore.

    We’ll come as soon as possible to help you eradicate toxic mold in your house. Just call (770) 212-9775.